- Directing Instructor Simone Bartesaghi Wins Best Screenplay at Milan Internation
- Film Alum Jeremiah “Paper” Melton Shooting & Editing Wiz Khalifa, T.I & More
- Recording Instructor Andrew Ing's 2nd Emmy Nomination
- Film Screening of "Flight" Followed by Q&A w/ Screenwriter John Gatins to Follow
- Alum Joanna Ellenbeck Accepts Paid Internship at Centroplis Entertainment
- Alum Nick Kane Directs Music Video for Dubstep DJ/Producer Excision
- Honoring our Veterans for Memorial Day
- Great Opportunities For Christian Menendez
- FilmL.A. interviews Alum George Ohan
- Interview with Alum Sandra Seeling
Trever James and crew on location during the Fox show On The Lot.
Graduate Trever James Goes On The Lot
Los Angeles Film School graduate Trever James earned a spot as a finalist on FOX’s nationally-televised reality show, On the Lot.
Trever James with On The Lot host Adrianna Costa.
The reality series, which was conceived by Steven Spielberg, is in search of the next big director, offering a million-dollar deal with DreamWorks.
- "I could have never done it without the experience I received as a student."
- Trever James
James, who graduated with honors from The Los Angeles Film School in 2005, beat out a group of more than 12,000 applicants and survived numerous rounds of cuts before becoming one of the 15 finalists. “It was an honor to get this type of exposure,” James said. “I could have never done it without the experience I received as a student.”
While attending The Los Angeles Film School, James made a name for himself with co-director Luke Rold by creating a short film called Blockbusters. The science fiction spoof featured extensive special effects and a car used in the Back to the Future films.