At The Los Angeles Film School, we accept students who are serious about pursuing careers in the world of entertainment media. They must show dedication and commitment to the art. Prospective students are encouraged to visit the school and discuss their personal, educational, and occupational goals with the Office of Admissions.
The Los Angeles Film School has an open enrollment policy, with new start dates every four weeks. Enrollment is open to high school graduates, or equivalent, who are seriously interested in the field of professional filmmaking, animation & VFX, music production, audio engineering, entertainment business or game production & design. We do not require any previous experience in these fields for admission.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PROGRAMS
Applicants to the associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Application for Admission — Applicants must submit the completed application and fulfill all the requirements therein.
- $75.00 application fee — The application fee must be submitted with the application*. The application and application fee may be submitted prior to submission of the following supporting documents.
- Documentation of High School Graduation, General Educational Development (GED) scores, or other equivalent, state-approved diploma examination* — all applicants must have completed high school and received a standard high school diploma or have passed the GED. Applicants must provide documentation of their high school graduation, or passing GED scores prior to starting a program. Applicants who hold a GED must submit GED test score results and/or their GED diploma. The GED must be approved by a State Department of Education to be considered. Note that GED Tests cannot be taken online and can only be taken at an official testing center. The College may request additional documentation to verify the successful completion of high school (such as, but not limited to, student transcripts) and/or to assess the preparation provided by the issuing institution. In all cases, the College retains the sole discretion to determine whether the secondary training completed by the applicant is sufficient to satisfy the high school graduation admission requirement.
- Applicants for the Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program must have an earned Associate of Science or Associate of Arts degree from an accredited institution. Applicants must submit an official transcript from the institution awarding the associate’s degree.
* ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION THAT IS NOT IN ENGLISH MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A CERTIFIED ENGLISH TRANSLATION. IF NATIVE LANGUAGE IS OTHER THAN ENGLISH, VERIFICATION OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY IS REQUIRED.
* Application fee will be refunded if the student requests to cancel within 3 days.
The School reserves the right to request any additional information necessary to evaluate an applicant’s potential for academic success. The School may reject any applicant whose records indicate that they are not reasonably capable of successfully completing and benefiting from the program, inadequate preparation and/or interest for its programs.