At The Los Angeles Film School, we are committed to improving the accessibility of our webiste to provide an inclusive and user-friendly experience for everyone who visits it.
Our Efforts to Improve Accessibility
We have taken numerous measures to make our website more accessible and to adhere to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, level AA criteria, a universally recognized standard for web accessibility. We use Siteimprove to identify potential issues and correct as needed or is appropriate.
Here are some of the steps we have taken:
- Alternative Text: We have incorporated descriptive alternative text for all meaningful images on our website. This allows screen readers to convey information to users who rely on assistive technologies.
- Keyboard Accessibility: Our website can be navigated and used without the need for a mouse. We have ensured that all functionality, including interactive elements and forms, can be accessed and operated through keyboard input alone.
- Clear and Consistent Layout: We have designed our website with a clean and consistent layout to facilitate ease of use and comprehension. The content is organized logically, and navigation is structured to provide a seamless browsing experience.
- Color Contrast: We have carefully chosen color combinations to provide sufficient contrast between text and background elements. This improves readability and accommodates users with visual impairments or color blindness.
- Scalable Text: Our website allows users to adjust the text size according to their preferences. This feature supports individuals with low vision or those who require larger text for improved legibility.
- Captions and Transcripts: Whenever multimedia content such as videos or audio is presented on our website, we provide captions or transcripts to ensure accessibility for individuals with hearing impairments or those who prefer textual alternatives.
We are dedicated to improving the accessibility of our website. Our team regularly reviews the site to identify and address any areas that may need improvement. We also welcome feedback from users who encounter accessibility barriers and are committed to promptly addressing any reported issues.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding the accessibility of our website, please contact us. We value your feedback and are committed to providing an inclusive online experience for all our visitors.
Date: November 16, 2023
Please note that while we strive to ensure accessibility, we cannot guarantee the accessibility of third-party content or websites that may be linked from our site.
The Los Angeles Film School is dedicated to making accessibility a priority so that everyone can enjoy full and equal access to the information and services we provide online.