Jobs at The Los Angeles Film School
Thank you for your interest in starting a career with The Los Angeles Film School! The following list of jobs represents all currently open positions. Please browse through the available opportunities, and if you feel you’re qualified for one of the listed jobs, please submit a resume for review.
OIF/OEF Veterans Are Encouraged to Apply! If you are an OIF/OEF Veteran, please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Career Development Film Industry Outreach Representative
Are you passionate about Film? The Los Angeles Film School is conducting a search for a Film-savvy professional to join its rapidly expanding Career Development Department as a Film Industry Outreach Representative. We are seeking an energetic, personable professional with a wide depth of industry knowledge as well as established contacts in the industry who would report directly to the Sr. Director of the department.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Canvass Film Industry for entry-level jobs and initiatives for our graduates and students.
• Network and cultivate relationships with industry professionals and local employers.
• Collaborate with career advisors to organize employer functions, tours, interviews, and opportunities.
• Secure industry professionals as guest speakers for classes, graduation ceremonies and events; Moderate Q & A sessions, as needed.
• Maintain contact with graduates; Deliver accurate data related to the careers and employment of graduates; Assist with the collection of requisite documentation of graduate employment, as defined by regulatory and state guidelines.
• Be available to conduct one-on-one career advisory meetings with students and graduates; Educate and assist students with career search practices.
• Prior experience working in the Film/Agency business preferred.
• Prior experience in an office environment preferred.
• Prior experience in sales strongly preferred.
• Passion for Film and ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Teaching/coaching/advisement and public speaking ability.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse student population.
• Ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple/quick deadlines, and handle shifting priorities.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Proficiency with PC and Mac (MS Word, Outlook, Excel); Ability to learn new programs as required.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation/Paid Holidays
Please submit cover letter and resume to CareerDevHiring@lafilm.edu to be considered for the position. NO calls, please!
The Los Angeles Film School is seeking an instructor to teach in its animation bachelor’s degree program. The Los Angeles Film School is an accredited, degree-granting college that offers career-focused programs in entertainment and media arts education. Our campus has over 250,000 square feet of classrooms, labs and production spaces and is located in the heart of Hollywood, California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and required to hold at least a bachelor’s degree in animation or related field from an accredited college or university.
Please submit resume with link(s) to website(s) of your professional work to HR_AcademicAffairs@lafilm.edu.
Recording Instructor – Postproduction
The Los Angeles Recording School, a division of The Los Angeles Film School, a leader in entertainment arts education, is seeking instructors for our Associate of Science in Recording Arts Degree.
The Recording Arts program is a study of modern recording technology and techniques in music, postproduction, and the workings of the entertainment business.
We are looking for creative, passionate individuals with a background in training or teaching to work with our student body of young creatives from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
The School provides a benefit package to full-time instructors.
Please read the Experience Required section below. Our accreditation requires verification of the education and work experience requirements. We cannot consider applicants who do not meet these requirements.
Ideal applicants are capable of teaching in multiple areas of specialty. Currently we have positions available in the following areas of instruction:
The ideal candidate should possess experience and a solid understanding of:
Essential Functions Instructors:
Other Skills Required and General Information:
Job Type: Full-time
Animation/Game Art Instructor
The Los Angeles Film School, a leader in entertainment arts education, is seeking professionals with experience in animation and/or game art to teach in its animation program. The Los Angeles Film School is an accredited, degree-granting college that offers career-focused programs in entertainment and media arts education. Our campus has over 250,000 square feet of classrooms, labs and production spaces and is located in the heart of Hollywood, just steps from the intersection of Sunset and Vine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Please submit resume (include link(s) to website(s) of your professional work) and cover letter to HR_AcademicAffairs@lafilm.edu.