Black History Month Heroes Showcase
Submit your work for a chance to be featured on our social media channels!
What defines a hero? A hero could be a historical figure, social activist, or even a friend or family member who has had a positive impact.
Celebrate Black History Month and African-American heroes through the visual arts. Artwork may consist of painting, drawings, mixed media, carvings, short films, fiber, poems, songs, as well as a host of other mediums. We welcome a variety of art forms! Artists working in any 2D or 3D mediums are encouraged to participate.
Acceptable media includes but not limited to: paintings, drawings, digital art, photography, mixed-media, collage, music/songs, short films and spoken word.
Deadline to Participate: 2/16/21
Event Occurs: 2/26/21
- Artwork must be submitted via photo/link through submission page
- It will only be accepted, if it supports Black History Month Heroes
- One entry per student. You may only enter in one medium.
- All work submitted MUST be your original artwork
- Work must be submitted in the follow formats:
- Video: .mp4 or .mov
- Photo: .jpg, .pdf or .png
- Audio: .mp3 or .wav
- Other: Apple or Microsoft Office applications
- All videos (Short Films, Songs and Spoken Word) should be no longer than 2 minutes
Artists work selected will be notified and aired on lafilm.edu/live and on Facebook for a virtual event on Friday, February 26, 2021
*If submitting a link, please make sure to allow downloading and submit all info needed to open. Vimeo, Google Drive and Drop box are welcome.