VIRTUAL QUARANTINE FILM FESTIVAL
Open to all students and alumni.
Stay Home! Stay Safe! Stay Artistic!
Cash prize for the winner!
Submission Deadline: August 7, 2020
Official Selections: August 25, 2020
Festival Date: August 31, 2020
Submission Guidelines: Festival submissions of all kinds are welcome. Only limitations are that the film should be under 2 minutes in total run time and created at home, in a safe environment, following CDC guidelines. This can be filmed on any device including a Smart Phone.
Please visit cdc.gov for up to date information how to follow good safety practices and any other pertinent information regarding COVID-19.
Films may be any genre (including, but not limited to) narrative, animation, documentary, experimental, etc. Films do not have to portray a quarantine theme or plot to be accepted.
Eligible Project Checklist
• Person submitting must be active student or alumni of The Los Angeles Film School.
• Student/Alumni must have been the Creator or must have worked in at least one Key Position: Producer, Director, Writer, Cinematographer, Editor or Production Designer. Credits of all crew must be present.
• Student/Alumni must be in good standing with the school meaning not in academic probation and must be Financial Aid cleared.
• Film must not contain pervasive overly sexualized content or unnecessarily provocative material. R-rated films will be accompanied by a content warning when played at the festival. Judgment will be made at the festival director’s discretion.
• Projects must be submitted before the deadline by August 7.
Submissions must be made by the student or alumni in a key position, there will be no exceptions.
The Los Angeles Film School always appreciates collaboration, but during these times, please collaborate in a safe manner. When thinking of working with fellow students and colleagues, please keep the following in mind:
• Instead of meeting in person, use FaceTime or a video conference software like Zoom or Google Hangout.
• Any and all equipment you use, make sure to sanitize and clean properly before using.
• Use Google Drive, WeTransfer, Dropbox or any other digital file transferring applications to transport footage or cuts.
• If outside or with people, always make sure to wear a mask and maintain a 6ft distance from one another.
• Keep healthy hygiene practices and make sure to wash your hands plenty and use sanitizer.
Submissions must be made through the submission form. Fill out the necessary information listed for review. Please provide a link to a high-resolution version of the film. Please avoid using links from YouTube or Vimeo and submit the original file.
Upon selection, one timeline will be created of all the films with other formats accepted.
*Further Festival information will be given once Selections are made.