Our goal is to have The Los Angeles Film School community stand together to implement and advocate for these safety procedures with each of us serving as examples as to how all of us–students and staff–must work together to safeguard one another.
- Adherence to CDC and L.A. County Health Guidelines
- Daily health and temperature checks
- A mandatory face mask policy
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization
- Limited occupancy in elevators
- Posted social-distancing signage
- Wristband identification for proof of a successful check-in
- Increased air circulation and MERV ventilation
Students Know Before You Go
We are committed to providing the highest quality course instruction to our online and campus students during COVID-19. As of September 27, 2021, all our campus programs will be comprised of classes that include both on-campus learning activities in classrooms and/or production spaces, as well as continued online learning via our proprietary learning management system (LMS) and additional web-based platforms.
- Check your lafilm.edu email for updates pertaining to your schedule.
- Your instructors will hold office hours by appointment, in person or by teleconference if you need one-to-one academic counsel.
- If you cannot attend the on-campus session, speak with your instructor for an alternate delivery method.
Before Arriving To Campus
Here are the steps you need to take before returning to campus once you have been selected for in-person instruction.
- Return-to-Campus Student Training | Return-to-Campus Staff Training
- Self-Assessment Checklist. Students and employees will be required to complete an online health/symptom attestation prior to coming to campus for the day.
- Student Daily Attestation Checklist | Staff Daily Attestation Checklist
- Follow Face Masks, Hand Washing and Hygiene Protocols
- Face masks must be worn by anyone on campus when in the presence of others and in any common areas where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. The face mask is not a substitute for social distancing.
- Students and Employees must follow proper hygiene guidelines including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after having been in a public place or after blowing their nose, coughing, sneezing, or touching their face.
- Use of hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol when soap and water is not available.
All students and staff members who are approved to return to campus must complete an attestation form before arrival. The attestation is a simple questionnaire that can be found on the Connect Site linked below. All other approved guests will also be required to follow COVID-19 check-in protocols once on campus.
While On Campus
- Expect classroom and lab adjustments
- As of Monday, September 27, 2021, all classroom seating, lobbies, shared spaces and check-in lines will maintain a distance of 3 feet. A sample modification may be blocking off every other computer in a lab environment to provide ample space between seating.
- Some film sets, stages and labs will be outfitted with cameras to allow students both on and off campus to participate synchronously during class sessions using teleconferencing software.
- There will be COVID-19 signage and directional flyers to guide foot traffic posted throughout each building (6363, 6353, 6690 Sunset, Ivar).
- Practice social and personal distancing requirements
- LAFS has, where needed, modified classrooms and studios, stages, or other learning environments to meet social distancing requirements.
- Follow approved guest and group meeting restrictions
- Students and employees are not permitted to bring outside guests into campus buildings until further notice.
- Students attending on-campus classes must check in, then proceed directly to their scheduled classroom, studio, stage, or lab and should depart campus upon conclusion of the class session.
- Employees should continue conducting meetings virtually. If an in-person meeting is absolutely required, the meeting must be conducted in accordance with social-distancing rules.
We’ve made updates and improvements at The Los Angeles Film School in compliance with the CDC’s health and safety guidelines. We have adopted strict cleaning and sanitizing measures of high-touch areas throughout campus. Learn more about the campus common areas and meeting spaces adjustments and updates.
Campus Spaces, Increased Disinfecting, Cleaning and Ventilation
LAFS employs cleaning methods performed after class sessions and after each workday. LAFS is committed to following ongoing CDC guidelines regarding cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation.
Ventilation System Standards
- All filters have recently been replaced and will be maintained in accordance with CDC and Minimum Efficiency Rating Value (MERV) guidelines. LAFS has always ensured its ventilation system utilizes the optimal filters based on the MERV standardized system created by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and is used by all air filter manufacturers.
- The fan circulation system has been adjusted to run 24/7 to ensure optimal circulation throughout the building(s). This circulation will be in addition to the regular heating and cooling schedule each day. In compliance with California Mechanical Code Chapter 4, an outside air exchange is required in all municipal building spaces.
Doors & Windows
- Although classrooms do not have windows or doors that open to the outside, they all have an air supply and an air return that is connected to an outdoor air exchange system that ensures proper circulation. Internal classroom doors can also be opened to enhance circulation.
Campus Disinfecting Protocols
- Classrooms have a disinfecting schedule during regular hours and nightly. We use a disinfectant that is registered on the EPA N list that is administered using an electrostatic disinfecting machine. We also have an hourly protocol to sanitize high-touch areas throughout the campus.
- LAFS has enacted a schedule of routine cleaning of often-touched surfaces, with more frequent cleaning and disinfection arranged for common areas including lobbies, vending machines, restrooms, and break rooms. Additionally, all areas are disinfected with an electrostatic cleaner at the end of each day.
- A heightened cleaning and disinfection focus will be placed on items that are frequently touched, such as doorknobs, light switches, countertops, door handles, door keypads, exit buttons, door glass, handrails, lobby desks, lobby desk phones on an hourly basis.
- All students and faculty are required to wipe down all work areas with wipes containing at least 70% alcohol before and after working at any space. Cleaning products are supplied by LAFS.
- Bathrooms are at normal occupancy use.
Campus Activities And Events
Events and group gatherings will remain virtual for the time being. Recreational spaces will remain closed until further notice. Please check the Connect events page for a list of upcoming virtual events.
All information is subject to change based on the local and state health and safety guidelines.
For more information visit the FAQs
6363 Sunset Blvd,
Hollywood, CA 90028
TOLL FREE: 888-688-5277