A Night Celebrating Golden Thesis Film Projects in Hollywood
The inaugural Golden Thesis Film Festival and awards ceremony celebrated thesis projects from the Film Production Program
The first annual Golden Thesis Awards Ceremony is an alumni and student showcase of 2020-2022 thesis and original short films with a writer, producer, director, cast or theme featuring a diverse voice. This includes creatives of all backgrounds, including ethnicity, culture, gender identity and members of the LGBTQ+ community. The festival is organized by the Career Development and Film Departments with the purpose of championing dynamic and diverse storytellers who have or are currently studying at The L.A. Film School. In its first year, the festival received 49 original shorts or thesis film submissions from students and alumni. Watch the full ceremony livestream to hear more about how students and alumni created their award-winning films.
Congrats to the 2022 Festival Winners in the Gold, Silver and Bronze Categories!
Golden Thesis Winners
- “The Only Fan” directed by Marteverick Shears
- “A Final Girl” directed by Gabriel Palomino
- “Promenade Sentimental” directed by Nicolas Danoviz
Silver Thesis Winners
- “Zombellini” directed by Dave Flores
- “Suono” directed by Laurd Milian
- “To The Moon” directed by Michael Gene Conti
Bronze Thesis Winners
- “The Heart of War” directed by Shaka Smith
- “Remember” directed by Daniel J Adams
- “CATA” directed by Carlo Tonda