Are you obsessed with finding and sharing stories online? Do your friends look to you on Facebook and Twitter for the latest trends, ideas, and online memes? MVA is based in Downtown Los Angeles and one of the premier academies for hair, beauty, make up and barbering. Not only is MVA an academy but a studio as well. With numerous events ranging from music video shoots with Directors like Matt Alonzo, Taj Stansberry, Mike Ho, George Orozco, Philly Fly Boy, SKEE TV, red carpet events or even photo shoots for Maxim, Sports Illustrated, FHM, Esquire, GQ with the world renown photographer Michael Vincent. MVA is the place where “We shoot for the stars.”
MVA has a fast paced work environment and we seek talented interns who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on real projects that will help us grow.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
What You Will Learn:
- How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar.
- Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other media accounts.
- Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
- Creative feedback and one on one with Michael Vincent.
- Assist our assistant studio manager to help ensure events run smooth.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
What We Require:
- Background in Marketing, Communication, Digital Media or something similar to these skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Adobe CS6 or CC
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train.
Knowing and understanding the functions of a DSLR camera.
Able capture and record content using a DSLR camera.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, a master of editing and rendering content under pressure, and understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with achieving outreach goals in a professional setting. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the hair, make up and music industry.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: logging materials; editing and screening content; media site management and uploading material; making recommendations on creative direction; and maintaining video tracking.
(Non Paid) – Letter of recommendation from Michael Vincent world renown photographer.