Composer and Music Engineer
If you’ve never heard of Ari Levine, it’s almost guaranteed that you’ve heard his work. Recording with renowned artists like Bruno Mars, CeeLo Green and Snoop Dogg, his record production and composition work landed him and his cohorts two Grammy© wins and several Grammy© nominations during his time as part of the songwriting and record producing team, The Smeezingtons. Levine began his music production work out of a small recording studio in Los Angeles, Levcon Studios, in 2005. In 2008, he began working with Bruno Mars and Philip Lawrence as part of The Smeezingtons, eventually producing hits like “Grenade,” “Gorilla,” and “The Lazy Song,” with Bruno Mars.
Levine produced, alongside Bruno Mars and Philip Lawrence, the Grammy©-winning single “Just the Way You Are,” which won the Best Male Pop Vocal Performance category in 2011 as well as the Song of the Year award at the 2012 ASCAP Pop Music Awards ceremony. In 2013, Levine and The Smeezingtons were rewarded again with a Grammy© for Best Vocal Pop Album for their work on “Unorthodox Jukebox,” which was popularized by songs like “Locked Out of Heaven,” and “Gorilla.”
Music Production Awards and Nominations
In addition to contributing to these award-winning works, Levine has produced 20 RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) multi-platinum, platinum, and gold singles and albums, and garnered several Grammy© nominations, including:
- Record of the Year and Best Rap Song for “Nothin’ On You,” by rapper B.o.B., featuring Bruno Mars
- Record of the Year for the song “F**k You/Forget You” by CeeLo Green
- Producer of the Year (Non-Classical) for work with The Smeezingtons on “Nothin’ on You” and “Just the Way You Are,” by Bruno Mars
Watch the music video for the Grammy©-winning hit single “Just the Way You Are” below:
- Song of the Year and Record of the Year for “Grenade,” by Bruno Mars
- Album of the Year for “Doo-Wops & Hooligans,” produced by The Smeezingtons
- Producer of the Year (Non-Classical) for work with The Smeezingtons on the album “Doo-Wops & Hooligans;” “Lighters,” by Bad Meets Evil, featuring Bruno Mars; “Mirror,” by Lil Wayne, featuring Bruno Mars; and other works.
- Best Rap Song for “Young, Wild & Free,” by Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dogg, featuring Bruno Mars
- Song of the Year and Record of the Year for “Locked Out of Heaven,” by Bruno Mars
Credited Record Production Work
With minimalist recording equipment in his small LA recording studio, Levine has been able to write and produce music with The Smeezingtons for artists like the Sugababes for the song “Get Sexy,” “Billionaire,” by Travie McCoy, featuring Bruno Mars, and “One Day,” by Matisyahu. Levine’s work has been seen at the top of the American Billboard Hot 100 list and topped the charts globally, and more recently, Levine and The Smeezingtons wrote Adele’s “All I Ask,” from her 2015 album “25.”
Songs produced by Levine can be heard in more than 70 movies and TV shows, including credits on soundtracks for “Pitch Perfect,” “Magic Mike XXL,” several episodes of “Glee,” “The X Factor,” and more.
For a comprehensive list of Levine’s music production and composition work, visit The Smeezingtons and Ari Levine Discography pages on Discogs.com, and keep up with Ari Levine by following him on Instagram.