Q. Does The Los Angeles Film School accept Department of Defense (DoD) Military Education Benefits?

A. Yes. Our institution is compliant with instructions in and on the list of participating institutions with the DoD MOU. We accept military tuition assistance (TA) for all branches of service and qualified civilians. To determine your eligibility for military tuition assistance, please consult with your base education office.

Q. Does The Los Angeles Film School accept Veteran Administration (VA) Education Benefits?

A. Yes. The Los Angeles Film School works with all veterans and eligible dependents to process their VA Education Benefits on a monthly basis. Enrolled students will work with our Military Benefits Specialists who operate a streamlined system. They also assist in securing all applicable transfer credits. You can reach the Military Benefits Specialists at 323-769-2249.

Some commonly used benefits at our institution are:

Chapter 35/Survivors & Dependents Assistance
Chapter 33/The Post 9/11 GI Bill® * Unlimited Yellow Ribbon
Chapter 33/TEB/The Post 9/11 GI Bill for Eligible Dependents* Unlimited Yellow Ribbon
Chapter 31/Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
Marine Gunnery Sergeant John D. Fry Scholarship
Chapter 1606/Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve
Chapter 1607/Reserve Education Assistance Program

Q. Will VA cover the entire cost of my program?

A. Every student’s eligibility is unique due to dates of service, dependent status, and prior use of education benefits. Our Military Benefits Specialists have proficiency with determining eligibility based on your conversation with them and any paperwork you might have but the Department of Veteran Affairs has the definitive answer. Call them at 1-888-GIBILL-1.

Q. How do I apply for Military Education Benefits?

A. Our Military Benefits Specialists will guide you through an efficient application process in E-Benefits. Before you fill out your VONAPP, ensure that you have all required and accurate information regarding our school and your program.

Q. Can I use VA benefits along with Financial Aid?

A. Yes, but you should speak with your Military Admissions Representative to discuss options available to you. Call 877-9LA-FILM or email: military@lafilm.edu.

Q. Are you a Yellow Ribbon school?

A. Yes, The Los Angeles Film School offers an unlimited amount of Yellow Ribbons for an unlimited number of participants.

Q. What is the Yellow Ribbon program?

A. The Yellow Ribbon program is a grant that is split between our institution and the VA, and is applied to any gap in financing over the maximum tuition cap for Chapter 33, The Post-9/11 GI Bill. Students at 100% eligibility for Chapter 33 may receive this unprecedented grant.

Q. I’m a dependent of a veteran. Do I qualify for educational benefits?

A. Dependents’ benefits are unique to each individual and each circumstance. Please contact Military Admissions to learn more at 877-9LA-FILM or email: military@lafilm.edu.

Q. How do I transfer benefits to a dependent attending The Los Angeles Film School?

A. Each situation is different, but the recommended steps are:
Log on the Department of Defense Transfer Education Benefits website (compatible only with Internet Explorer). Submit the Transferability Application to request transfer of benefits to dependent.
Dependent must go to E-Benefits or VONAPP website and complete the VONAPP VA Form 22-1990e
Applicant will receive a copy of the COE
Send copies of the VONAPP and COE to The Los Angeles Film School via fax: 323-469-4140, mail: 6363 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028 or email: military@lafilm.edu.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”